LIONEL LAM SONG POH
PMP, PSM, PSPO, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
A project manager with 13 years of IT experience with a focus on government projects. He has strong project management skills, and has successfully delivered mission-critical projects in Singapore and in the region.
He is a highly meticulous and detail-oriented individual, with a keen eye for quality implementation of IT solutions.
December 2022 to Present Day
UFINITY PTE. LTD. (SINGAPORE) – PROJECT MANAGER (OPERATIONS AND SYSTEMS)
Project: GoWhere Suite of Applications, GovTech Digital Services
- Seconded to GovTech (Government Technology Agency) Digital Services as Delivery Manager.
- Actively engages with stakeholders from the various agencies and ministries (i.e., National Environment Agency, Ministry of Health, People’s Association) for operation and development matters.
- Oversees and facilitates team participation in the scrum ceremonies (i.e., the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint retrospective etc.), and works closely with the team to unblock and resolve work impediments.
- Currently managing a team of 5 comprising of young and dynamic individuals.
February 2020 to September 2022
TOPPAN ECQUARIA PTE. LTD. (SINGAPORE) – CONSULTING MANAGER
Project: IPOS Digital Hub, Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (Jun 2021 – September 2022)
- Project Manager who led planning, design and scheduling activities for the implementation of IPOS Digital Hub, for the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS).
- Led a team of 56, comprising of solution architects, software engineers and business analysts to achieve the project objectives.
- Proactively participated in risk mitigation and schedule review activities by actively engaging with the project team members and the various project stakeholders to ensure that the various project activities were completed within schedule.
- Oversaw the successful commissioning of IPOS Digital Hub in June 2022.
Project: GPC Migration for State Courts, Singapore Judiciary (Feb 2020 – May 2021)
- Project Manager who led planning, design and scheduling activities for the migration project for the Integrated Court Management System (ICMS) of State Courts from the Government Data Center (GDC) to Government Private Cloud (GPC).
- Closely monitored project activities at all times to ensure required project activities were completed on time. This includes proactively engaging in risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Actively led a team of 10 and liaised with stakeholders – internal and external – to deliver the project within schedule despite tight constraints. High-risk and impact activities (e.g. SSAT, Security and Penetration tests) were carefully managed with proper contingencies in place which ensured minimal impact to the project schedule.
- Managed a smooth transition from the old system to the new system, while minimizing disruptions to court hearings.
September 2019 to January 2020
ACCENTURE SG SERVICES PTE. LTD. (SINGAPORE) – SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Project: Central Case Management System / OneService@SG
- Managed implementation of change requests for the Central Case Management Portal (CCMP) project, which is the primary underlying application component of the OneService@SG website and OneService@SG mobile app.
- Liaised with key project stakeholders for requirements gathering and worked closely with the developers to analyze and plan the aforementioned requirements for implementation and testing.
March 2016 to September 2019
ECQUARIA TECHNOLOGIES PTE. LTD. (SINGAPORE) – SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER
Project: Weather Information Website for Meteorological Service Singapore, National Environment Agency
- While serving in capacity as Project Lead – oversaw and ensured the completion of key deliverables for Phase 2 of the project which allowed for the project to transition into the commissioning phase.
- Was promoted to Project Manager of this project in Sep 2016, and led a team of engineers while working closely with external vendors/partners to optimize the application and hardware (IPS – Intrusion Prevention System). Despite overwhelming odds, the project eventually passed the stringent required performance criteria.
- Managed the support and maintenance of Weather Information Portal (WIP) of Meteorological Service Singapore (MSS). This included overseeing the gathering and analysis of requirements, design, and successfully implementation of various major application module upgrades (in the form of Change Requests) to serve the critical and changing needs of MSS and their partner agencies.
- Ensured that WIP was available 24/7 as it was a mission-critical system with very stringent performance requirements that provided important weather data to the public, as well as to several organizations such as Changi ATC (Air Traffic Controller) and the military.
August 2013 to December 2015
TO THE NEW DIGITAL (SINGAPORE) – SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / MANAGER OF MARKETING TECHNOLOGY
Projects: Various Social Media, Web Application and Electronic Direct Mailer Projects
- Oversaw and managed maintenance and upgrades of the LG Singapore website as well as requirements gathering, design and implementation of various marketing campaigns involving the use of Electronic Direct Mailers (EDMs) for LG Electronics (S) Pte. Ltd.
- Led the formalization of project workflows and processes with regard to the LG website maintenance and electronic direct mailer (EDM) accounts by leading the creation and standardization of a suite of reusable templates for better economies of scale. In effect, this reduced the planning, design and production costs and time by as much as 50%, while promoting more agile delivery. The customer engagement process was similarly tailored to support the new workflows.
- Worked closely with counterparts at CNBC in Singapore and key stakeholders from Indonesia Tourism Board to spearhead a marketing campaign that comprised of a suite of deliverables (i.e. microsite, design and creation of digital assets) for their tourism promotion initiatives.
- Co-managed and served as technical advisor for a proof-of-concept mobile application for SingTel.
- Managed regional project teams in delivering web and social media projects for notable clients in Singapore and Malaysia (i.e., LG, NTUC Income, NTUC e2i, CNBC, Texas Chicken, Dentsu).
May 2013 to August 2013
3M SINGAPORE PTE. LTD. (SINGAPORE) – WEB DEVELOPER
Project: Website/Portal Maintenance for 3M Singapore
- Maintenance of the 3M Singapore website.
- Updates to the product line – supporting the various product owners and business units.
October 2009 to January 2013
SAINS SDN. BHD. (MALAYSIA) – SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Projects: Housing Information System (for the State Housing Development Corporation), State Integrated Financial, Budget and Accounting System (SIFBAS)
- Integration and implementation of a biometric human interface device – the Digital Persona OneTouch fingerprint reader – into an existing user- management module for the State Integrated Financial, Budget and Accounting System (SIFBAS).
- Development, maintenance, and enhancements of modules for the Housing Information System, for the State Housing Development Corporation.
- Development, integration and maintenance of report modules for the State Awards Management System as well as enhancements on an on-going basis, based on user feedback and recommendations.
- Development of a sub-module for the e-SKM system. The e-SKM system is designed to automate the management of office terms for various locally elected ethnic group representatives and leaders in culturally-diverse Malaysia.
- PMI-PMP (30th Sept 2020 to 29th Sept 2023)
- PMP Number: 2807795
Agile Scrum Certifications
- Professional Scrum Master I (Scrum.org) (Cert No.: 597874)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I (Scrum.org) (Cert No.: 603850)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
PDF Version of CV is Available for Download